Assistive Technology Support Officer (Communication & Env Control)
With around 1250 passionate and committed staff, we deliver high quality services across a spectrum of age, need and ability.
Norwood is as devoted to our staff as we are to the people we look after. We offer a strong career progression, training and support to improve your skills. We have a range of care homes across London, and a major centre in Berkshire, plus our Head Office in North London.
Each and every role in Norwood is an essential part of the vital support services we offer.
1. Be the primary contact in the AT team to Identify AT Solutions to support Communication and Environmental Control across Norwood's services
2. Develop strategies and plans that will support staff and individuals to embed AT solutions into everyday life
3. Provide ongoing support to develop the capabilities of staff and individuals to use AT solutions,
4. Ensure that programmes are reviewed and updated regularly, and that progress is recorded.
5. Provide first line support and manage the 2nd line support service to all AT systems deployed in Norwood
6. Organise the procurement and installation of Assistive Technology solutions as required.
7. Maintain AT records, including central records, stock control and budgetary records
8. Carry out research on Assistive Technology products and services and maintain a catalogue of AT solutions
9. Provide reports and other data to measure financial and operational information on the AT service
o General IT Competence.
o Previous work experience.
o AAC/Environmental Control/General Assistive Technology experience.
o Experience in Adult Social Care support or in a SEN setting.
o Good general education.
Knowledge & Skills
o Knowledge of AAC/ Environmental control /Assistive Technology systems.
o Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook & Powerpoint.
o Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and end users, verbally and in writing.
o Able to take a structured and methodical approach to any task, identifying priorities and setting deadlines .
o Skilled in analysis & problem solving.
o Ability to work under pressure, deliver results & meet deadlines.
o Able to work on own initiative.
o Broad technical knowledge.
o MS Project.
o MS Visio.
o Knowledge of Telecare and other monitoring systems.
o High degree of personal integrity, a commitment to confidentiality.
o Approachable and aware of self and others.
o Effective team player.
o Attention to detail.
o Keen to develop own knowledge and skills, and provide information to others to help their development.
o Driver, must travel between Norwood's sites .
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of the service.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure.
Norwood is a Two Ticks accredited employer, this means we are committed to employing people with disabilities.